Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wrestling with God = Transformation!




The conclusion of wrestling with God...

For each of these statements, I have not gone very in-depth. There are so many aspects to God and His power and His work in the lives of people that I cannot begin to cover all of them, and many others have already done this much better than I ever could. However, these specific things were enough to make me realize that I had no reason to be mad at God. As I stopped being angry with God yet continued honestly expressing my feelings to Him, instead of railing at God I began to talk to Him more as a friend who just needed to vent.

I have mentioned that I learned many things about God through this process. Aside from what I have already talked about above, there are a couple other things I have learned about God through my wrestling with Him:

1.     There is no safer person in the world to talk to than God. In all I expressed to Him, holding nothing back, He never betrayed me by talking about it with someone else.
2.     God is the only person who not only hears what I say, but also hears the cry of my heart. In so many situations, people I trusted did not stop to consider that my heart’s intent was good, but my actions were the flawed actions of an imperfect human being. God never misses my heart.
3.     God delivers. It may not be as soon as we want it or in the way we want it to happen, but GOD DOES RESCUE HIS CHILDREN!
4.     God wants us to make good choices! What I mean is that He and “the great cloud of witnesses” are cheering us on, rooting for our victory! Until I wrestled things out with God I never realized how much God wants me to WIN!
5.     I am one of God’s favorites! I learned how much God loves me. I learned that God does not view me only as one of His children collectively, but just as each child is uniquely special to their parents, I am uniquely, personally special to God.

I have to assume that just as I have wrestled with God a lot up until now, my wrestling with God will continue in different ways and in various situations through the rest of my life. As long as I remain teachable and open to God, I believe my wrestling with God is a good thing. Not everyone wrestles with God, and if you don’t, you should not feel guilty. But for those of us who question and challenge, who push the boundaries, and refuse to accept what has always been accepted: you shouldn’t feel guilty either. Wresting with God is part of the process, it can be life-changing, and transformational. Isn’t that the goal of everything—transformation?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southwest Dip

I am absolutely convinced that you don’t have to be a great cook to be considered a great cook – all you need are a couple of easy recipes t...