Monday, February 27, 2012

Pain


Pain

Like a river with no current
And the ocean with no tide,
Like a choir with no harmony
And a playground with no slide,

Like a sunset with no colors
And a storm with no rain,
There is no joy, no pleasure,
In a life that knows no pain.

Like a song with no melody,
Like a house with no door,
Like a sailboat with no wind,
Or a rowboat with no oar,

There is no going forward.
There is no growth, no gain,
No hope or expectation
In a life that knows no pain.

As diamonds are made under pressure,
And pearls were once grains of sand,
So do not take my pain from me,
It is making me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southwest Dip

I am absolutely convinced that you don’t have to be a great cook to be considered a great cook – all you need are a couple of easy recipes t...