Thursday, June 28, 2012

Originality!


This week I have issued a challenge to myself – I wanted to see if I could post something in my blog every day.  Considering that I don’t think I have ever done two posts in one week, it is stretching me a bit.  I started Tuesday and successfully posted Tuesday and Wednesday, but Tuesday it was a poem – hardly challenging since I didn’t write it and Wednesday a recipe, which again, is not my creation.  So today is a challenge, as I need a post and would like it to be something original. 
And perhaps there is my thought for today. 

As a rule, I am very careful to be shallow and conventional where depth and originality are wasted.
Lucy Maud Montgomery

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
Herman Melville

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
C.S. Lewis

Today you are you,
That is truer than true.
There is no one alive
Who is youer than you!
Dr. Seuss

None of these quotes are mine, so again, lacking in originality?  Maybe.  Or maybe they are good reminders from some of my favorite authors that I need to remember I am an original.  Different – not better or worse - just different than anyone else.  Instead of trying to be anything including original, I need to just be me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southwest Dip

I am absolutely convinced that you don’t have to be a great cook to be considered a great cook – all you need are a couple of easy recipes t...