Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More California!!










There are many different kinds of beauty.  We think of this most often in our interactions with people, but this is also the case regarding different regions of the United States.  When I first met my husband he had joined the Navy from Colorado and was living in Massachusetts.  According to him, no place was as beautiful as Colorado; I have met others who feel the same about where they are from.  The neat thing about visiting different parts of the United States is getting to see all the different kinds of beauty there are.

I recently vacationed in Northern California and it is not hard to find beauty there.  I have always loved the ocean so viewing the majestic Pacific Ocean was a treat!  But I also love seeing the same plants that are familiar in a different environment as well as new varieties of plants.   For instance, Queen Anne’s Lace is beautiful anywhere, but especially near the ocean.  In a little town south of San Francisco called Half Moon Bay (it was a charming town) I saw my first artichoke plant and Calla Lilies that were as tall as I am.  And all along the coast there is a beautiful ground cover that the locals call “Ice” and it has succulent like leaves with pretty pick and yellow flowers.  Today’s blog is pictures of some of the beautiful plants I saw on our trip to California.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southwest Dip

I am absolutely convinced that you don’t have to be a great cook to be considered a great cook – all you need are a couple of easy recipes t...